Friday, May 13, 2011

Why some cats bite




Fantastic blog on why some cats bite for no obvious reason, it explains a lot. Princess who was rescued last year was a severe biter when she first arrived at Mayo Cat Rescue. She regularly bit my hands and arms, often drawing blood. One evening she launched herself at my leg as I walked by her, again drawing blood. I soon learnt to back off. She just doesn't like to be fussed much at all so she is left more or less in peace now. One or two pets on the head from us and that's it. More than that and her tail starts switching. She is telling us "beware!". Some cats just don't like too much petting and attention, others of course thrive on it. I also believe she was kept indoors in her previous home. Since she's discovered the great outdoors she is even more relaxed and calmer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment